COVID-19 / Coronavirus
As an Essential Service provider, we remain open to care for patients needing acute or urgent healthcare. This means that some services are restricted at present and our bookings teams are able to advise you on this, please call 09 529 4850 or the branch number to discuss with them.
If you are a referrer and would like to discuss whether or not it is appropriate to refer a patient for imaging,
please call 0800 238475 between the weekday hours of 0800 – 1800 and a radiologist will be able to advise you.
As a community healthcare provider, Auckland Radiology Group must take all necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our staff and patients. As such, Auckland Radiology Group is not currently in a position to be imaging people at increased risk of COVID-19.
We understand the current level of concern around Personal Protective Equipment (‘PPE’ such as masks, gloves and aprons) use in a health care setting. Please be reassured that we are following the most up to date advice from the experts writing protocols on PPE use. The level of PPE use will vary according to your examination but is based on the best scientific advice we have and this is updated daily.
As we operate through referrals from healthcare providers, any acute patient who is sent to us should have been screened for COVID-19 risk and have been deemed safe to remain out of self-isolation by their doctor.
The following service restrictions apply (updated for Thu 2 April 2020):
- Suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases – these patients are not able to be treated at ARG and should be managed by liaison between primary care, hospital and public health officials.
- Close or casual contacts of suspected or confirmed cases, who ALSO have fever/respiratory symptoms – these patients are not able to be treated at ARG and should be managed by liaison between primary care, hospital and public health officials.
- Any individual who has travelled in the last 14 days OR is in self-isolation:
- Non-urgent imaging must be deferred until after the self-isolation period.
- For urgent viral-related imaging (e.g. a chest x-ray), or other urgent imaging (e.g. DVT), the patient’s referrer should contact the local hospital/public health officer for advice on the suitability of referral to a community imaging provider.
In the event that ARG staff discover that a patient or visitor meets the criteria for suspected COVID-19, that patient WILL NOT be scanned and will be asked to return immediately to their car with advice to contact Healthline.
Patients – When you attend for your appointment, please wait outside until you receive a call or text message asking you to enter the building.
Visitors – Please note: For all scans, only the patient is allowed in the branch (unless they are a child, require mobility or translation assistance).
Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time.
Auckland Radiology Group