COVID-19 / Coronavirus
Imaging under the Covid-19 Protection Framework
Auckland Radiology Group (ARG) is open and we are imaging patients at all of our branches under Traffic Light settings ‘Red’ and ‘Orange’, Phase 3.
As a community healthcare provider, Auckland Radiology Group is taking all necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our staff and patients.
To help us keep you and our staff members safe we are operating as follows:
- Please scan in to allow contact tracing as guided by the Ministry of Health.
- You must wear a mask unless medically exempt.
- You will be required to fill in a Covid questionnaire when you enter our premises.
- After you have filled in the paperwork you may be asked to wait in your car or outside until your technologist or sonographer is ready for you.
- If you have an acute onset respiratory illness you must present a negative Covid test (from no more than 72 hours ago) or a note from your referrer to proceed with imaging.
- Only one support person will be allowed to come into your exam.
NOTE: If you are under 16 and your support person is unvaccinated please let us know and we will provide an N95 mask for your support person to wear.
IF YOU HAVE COVID
The following service restrictions apply under the Covid Protection Framework, Red/Orange:
- Suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases will be treated at ARG ONLY if imaging is deemed urgent by our Radiologists. Please call us prior to your appointment so that your case can be discussed with our specialist radiologists.
- Household contacts of positive COVID-19 cases can be treated at ARG. Please call our booking team in advance. They will advise you to come 30 minutes early so that we can give you a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) before your appointment. You must take this RAT on site at ARG and show staff the results just prior to your appointment.
- In the event that ARG staff discover that a patient has COVID-19, that patient MAY NOT be scanned, depending on the urgency of the imaging required. They will be asked to return immediately to their car while their situation is discussed with our specialist radiologists..
If you are unsure about your appointment please call (09) 529 4850 to discuss with us directly.
Thank you for your care and co-operation.