COVID-19 / Coronavirus
Auckland Radiology Group is an Essential Service
Auckland Radiology Group (ARG) is operating under Alert Level 3 with some restrictions.
We will be performing scans appropriate to current levels. If you are unsure about your appointment please call (09) 529 4850 to discuss with us directly.
As a community healthcare provider, Auckland Radiology Group is taking all necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our staff and patients.
To help us keep you and our staff members safe we are operating differently to normal:
- Please wait outside until your appointment time, then present at reception.
- Your support person will not be able to accompany you to your appointment except in special circumstances (e.g. you are a person with disability, the appointment is for your child or you need an interpreter).
- You will need to complete a screening questionnaire on arrival.
- You must wear a mask (these can be provided if you don’t have one).
- Please scan in to allow contact tracing as guided by the Ministry of Health.
We are doing the following to ensure the safest possible environment:
- We have increased regularity of surface cleaning, disinfecting and physical distancing.
- Reception areas have screens and are using barriers where appropriate.
- Our staff will be wearing masks.
- Our managerial and administrative members of staff are working from home where possible.
As we operate through referrals from healthcare providers, any acute patient who is sent to us should have been screened for COVID-19 risk and have been deemed safe to remain out of self-isolation by their doctor.
The following service restrictions apply under Alert Level 3:
- Suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases are not able to be treated at ARG and should be managed by liaison between primary care, hospital and public health officials.
- Close or casual contacts of suspected or confirmed cases, who ALSO have fever/respiratory symptoms are not able to be treated at ARG and should be managed by liaison between primary care, hospital, and public health officials.
- Any individual who is in self-isolation is not able to be treated at ARG.
- For urgent viral-related imaging (e.g. a chest x-ray), or other urgent imaging (e.g. DVT), the patient’s referrer should contact the local hospital/public health officer for advice on the suitability of referral to a community imaging provider.
- In the event that ARG staff discover that a patient or visitor meets the criteria for suspected COVID-19, that patient WILL NOT be scanned and will be asked to return immediately to their car with advice to contact Healthline.
Thank you for your care and cooperation.
The following branches will be closed for x-ray until further notice: