COVID-19 / Coronavirus
ARG is currently operating with restrictions under Alert Level 3.
Some of our services are restricted. Simply call (09) 529 4850 or the branch number to discuss directly.
If you are a referrer and would like to discuss whether or not it is appropriate to refer a patient for imaging, please call us between the weekday hours of 8:00 am – 6:00 pm and a radiologist will be able to advise you.
As a community healthcare provider, Auckland Radiology Group must take all necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our staff and patients. As such, we are not currently in a position to be imaging people at increased risk of COVID-19.
For staff on-premise and for patients that can be safely imaged, we are doing the following to ensure the safest possible environment at Level 3:
- Excellent hand and respiratory hygiene with increased regularity of surface cleaning, disinfecting and physical distancing and use of barriers at receptions.
- Screening questionnaires for all patients on arrival and ensuring patients wait outside until receiving a text message.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) use in accordance with your examination (and based on the best scientific advice, which is updated daily).
- Patient & appointment management – ensuring limited crossover and more time between patients allowing for surface disinfection.
- Visitor management – No visitors unless they are a child and/or require mobility/language assistance.
- Contact tracing information – as guided by the Ministry of Health.
- If required, managerial and administrative members of staff working-from-home
- As we operate through referrals from healthcare providers, any acute patient who is sent to us should have been screened for COVID-19 risk and have been deemed safe to remain out of self-isolation by their doctor.
The following service restrictions apply under Alert Level 3:
- Suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases – these patients are not able to be treated at ARG and should be managed by liaison between primary care, hospital and public health officials.
- Close or casual contacts of suspected or confirmed cases, or those who have been at the current ‘locations of interest’ within the same time should follow MOH and Healthline instructions. The locations and times can be found here.
- If you are asked to get a COVID-19 test you must do so, and then wait until you have received a negative test result before attending your appointment. Please let us know if we need to reschedule your appointment.
- If you are displaying any fever/respiratory symptoms that could be viral related, the MOH advice is to please take a COVID – 19. You will not be able to be treated at ARG until you have received a negative test result. Again, please let us know if we need to reschedule your appointment.
- For any individual who has travelled in the last 14 days OR is in self-isolation. Non-urgent imaging must be deferred until after the self-isolation period. For urgent viral-related imaging (e.g. a chest x-ray), or other urgent imaging (e.g. DVT), the patient’s referrer should contact the local hospital/public health officer for advice on the suitability of referral to a community imaging provider.
- In the event that ARG staff discover that a patient or visitor meets the criteria for suspected COVID-19, that patient WILL NOT be scanned and will be asked to return immediately to their car with advice to contact Healthline.
Thank you for your care and cooperation.
Auckland Radiology Group