COVID-19 / Coronavirus
ARG operates as normally as possible with some restrictions to our services under Alert Level 1. Simply call (09) 529 4850 or the branch number to discuss directly.
As a community healthcare provider, Auckland Radiology Group must take all necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our staff and patients. As such, the Auckland Radiology Group is not currently in a position to be imaging people at increased risk of COVID-19.
However, for patients (and staff) that can be safely imaged, we are doing the following to ensure the safest possible environment at Level 1:
- Excellent hand and respiratory hygiene with increased regularity of surface cleaning, disinfecting and physical distancing and use of barriers at receptions
- Screening questionnaires for all patients on arrival
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) use in accordance to your examination (and based on the best scientific advice, which is updated daily)
- Masks – All patients on-site are encouraged to wear a mask and can be provided on arrival if the patient is without.
- Patient & appointment management – ensuring limited crossover and more time between patients allowing for surface disinfection
- Visitor management – one support person only per patient
- Contact tracing information – as guided by the Ministry of Health.
- If required, managerial and administrative members of staff working-from-home
- As we operate through referrals from healthcare providers, any acute patient who is sent to us should have been screened for COVID-19 risk and have been deemed safe to remain out of self-isolation by their doctor.
The following service restrictions apply under Alert Level 1:
- Suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases – these patients are not able to be treated at ARG and should be managed by liaison between primary care, hospital and public health officials.
- Close or casual contacts of suspected or confirmed cases, who ALSO have fever/respiratory symptoms – these patients are not able to be treated at ARG and should be managed by liaison between primary care, hospital, and public health officials.
- Any individual who has travelled overseas in the last 14 days OR is in self-isolation
- Non-urgent imaging must be deferred until after the self-isolation period.
- For urgent viral-related imaging (e.g. a chest x-ray), or other urgent imaging (e.g. DVT), the patient’s referrer should contact the local hospital/public health officer for advice on the suitability of referral to a community imaging provider.
- In the event that ARG staff discover that a patient or visitor meets the criteria for suspected COVID-19, that patient WILL NOT be scanned and will be asked to return immediately to their car with advice to contact Healthline.
Thank you for your care and cooperation.
Auckland Radiology Group