Dr Damien Hoon
Dr Damien Hoon graduated from the Auckland University Medical School in 2000 and completed his radiology specialty training in Auckland in 2009. He has subsequently completed a fellowship in Musculoskeletal Imaging in Albury, New South Wales in 2010, and then worked in Canberra for two years, as part of the team providing imaging services to the Australian Institute of Sport before returning back to Auckland in 2013.
He has a wide range of expertise in all areas of musculoskeletal imaging and intervention, with a particular interest in spinal interventional procedures. Damien also has a Consultant position at Middlemore Hospital, where he is co-section head of MRI, and is actively involved in the NZ Bone and Soft Tumour Registry.
- Phone 09 529 4850
- MBChB (2000)
- FRANZCR (2008)
Areas of Practice
- Musculoskeletal and Spinal Imaging
- Musculoskeletal and Spinal Procedures
- Bone and Soft Tissue Tumour Imaging and Intervention
- General radiology
- NZ Bone and Soft Tissue Tumour Registry panel member
- Middlemore Hospital
- General and Musculoskeletal Radiologist
- Co-section Head of MRI