Medical Receptionist / Booking Administrator
Royal Oak, Auckland
- Enjoy excellent employee benefits, including 5 weeks annual leave and funded medical insurance with Southern Cross
- Work in an environment where colleagues collaborate and support each other
- Be valued for your contribution
- Have access to opportunities for ongoing professional development.
Auckland Radiology Group are a NZ owned company dedicated to excellence in radiology services. Our radiologists, medical imaging technicians, sonographers and administration staff are highly valued and experts in their fields.
About the role
We are seeking a full time Medical Receptionist and ultrasound booking administrator for our Royal Oak branch. This branch provides medical imaging in ultrasound and x-ray.
The right applicant will be able to provide reception and scheduling excellence and, as this is a customer facing role, strong people skills are a must.
In this role you will be a primary contact for our patients and referrers in the region, so you will be expected to deliver a professional service with a strong focus on customer service and care. We are looking for a smart-minded individual who can work under pressure in front-line services. This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position, Monday to Friday.
Ideal skills and experience:
- Experience in customer service and/or a reception role.
- Fantastic communication skills and sound judgement, with a proven ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Planning and organisational skills, able to multi-task and prioritise.
- Attention to detail with the ability to produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Recognise the importance of maintaining confidentiality and ethical standards.
- An understanding of radiology services or medical reception experience will be an advantage, but it is not essential.
- You will be a smart and agile thinker who can communicate clearly.
- You will have an excellent, professional phone manner and communication skills.
- You will have the ability to build empathy and rapport with patients and referrers quickly (referrers being medical specialists, GP’s, Physiotherapists etc)
- You will be open to learning new systems, be coachable, and confident in asking questions when the need arises.
- You will be resilient and understanding in order to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
- You will be adaptable and able to adjust to meet changing demands and situations and deal with diverse people.
- You will be a team player.
- You will have a strong customer focus with both patients and referrers – knowing when to listen, asking the right questions and sourcing further insight when needed.